See the new rooftop restaurant unveiled this weekend at the Fenwick store in Newcastle
A new rooftoprestaurant has been unveiled at the Senwick store in Newcastle city centre.
The Fenwick store in Newcastle is taking ‘alfresco’ dining to a whole new level this summer with the launch of its new rooftop restaurant, Roof Thirty Nine opening today, Saturday, May 29, on the never-before-seen 4th floor of the historic department store overlooking Northumberland Street.
Roof Thirty Nine, Fenwick Newcastle’s smart new restaurant and bar is situated at the very heart (and height) of the city we call home with an East facing aspect looking across the iconic Northumberland Street.
Roof Thirty Nine opened, weather dependent, from Saturday, May 29, for walk-ins only.
Kieran McBride, Store Director at Fenwick Newcastle, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to unveil our brand-new rooftop dining experience, Roof Thirty Nine."This is the first time we have ever opened up this part of the roof and with its East facing location and views across Northumberland Street, visitors to Roof Thirty Nine can enjoy a truly unique view and an alfresco dining experience like no other in the city. We look forward to welcoming our first customers this weekend.”
Fenwick continues to follow government guidance and implement the following measures to ensure reopening is as safe as possible for all:
* Hosts will be there to welcome and escort customers at the Ground Floor entrance to the rooftop by the Northumberland Street florist entrance.
* To assist NHS Test and Trace, all customers (aged 16 years and over) are required to check in on entry to our restaurants and cafes via the NHS Covid-19 app.
* Tables are spaced at least 1 metre apart and table sizes will be limited to no more than six people or two households to a maximum party size of ten. This helps maintain social distancing and adheres to government guidelines. There is also a one-way system in place to manage customer and colleague flow.
* As per government guidance customers must order, be served and eat or drink while seated. Customers will be directed or select a table within the restaurant, menus are either paper disposable or wipe clean and sanitised between use. The food and drinks order will be taken by a restaurant colleague. All cutlery and condiments will be provided after the food and drinks order has been taken. Payment will be taken via a pdq machine or at the till point with social distancing maintained.
* In accordance with government guidelines, customers will be required to wear a mask in-store and until seated unless exempt on medical grounds.
* Front of house staff will wear a face mask and kitchen workers will wear a face covering in the form of a disposable surgical mask. Where a colleague is not wearing a mask, it is due to them being medically exempt from doing so.
Roof Thirty Nine will close for three days from 14-16 June for the installation of an all-weather awning, reopening on Thursday 17 June.
Operating on a weather dependant basis customers are encouraged to follow opening updates via Fenwick Newcastle Facebook page @fenwicknewcastle.
Roof Thirty Nine opening hours:
Mon – Wed 10.00 – 18.00 (last admission)
Thurs – Sat 10.00 – 20:00 (last admission)
Sun – 11.00 – 17.00 (last admission)