From a dazzling display by a world record-breaking stuntman to a splash-tastic fancy-dress raft race, there’s plenty going on around north Northumberland this bank holiday weekend.
The area has a packed calendar of events, including the Glendale Show, Rennington Scarecrow Festival and Alnmouth Raft Race, to keep all of the family entertained.
The 122nd Glendale Agricultural Show takes place on Monday and organisers have lined up a series of spectacular attractions.
Some of the highlights at this year’s event include a thrilling air display from a high-performance stunt plane .
The other headline act is The Kangaroo Kid, aka Australian world record-breaking stuntman Matt Coulter. The Kid performs amazing stunts on a quad bike with his son Sam.
He has landed himself in the Guinness Book of Records by jumping no less than 14 4x4 jeeps and four moving 4x4s.
The programme also includes an exhibition of livestock, a fell race, companion dog show and trade stands.
Gates open at 9am. For more information, including ticket details, visit the website.
• Scarecrows will invade Rennington from Saturday to Monday, 10am to 4.30pm, for the village’s free annual festival. A scarecrow trail quiz sheet will be available for £1.50, while the village green hosts a marquee containing a range of stalls. There will also be a sausage sizzle. Good causes supported through the event are HospiceCare North Northumberland, the MS Society and the village hall.
• Alnmouth stages its annual fancy-dress raft race on Saturday. The junior challenge starts at 2.30pm, followed by the adult competition at 3.30pm. Raft registration is from noon at the Sun Inn, Alnmouth.
• On Monday, the village’s St John the Baptist Church holds its summer fete on the church green from 2pm. There will be music from Alnwick Playhouse Concert Band, stalls, refreshments and other attractions. Admission is £1.50, children free.
• Bamburgh Summer Fair takes place on Sunday. The event is being staged at Bamburgh Hall Farm from 9.30am. Entry is £1 adults, children free. For details, call 07931 775002.
• Warkworth Cricket Club holds a beer festival from tomorrow evening to Monday, with real ales and ciders. Festival admission is £5 (free to CAMRA members), including a commemorative beer glass. On the Monday, there will be a juniors cricket festival from 10am, followed by a family fun day. There will be free entry for kids, food available and beer tokens are £1.50 per half pint. More details, call Ian on 01665 712422.