United take full advantage of weather


PONTELAND United striker Harry Tulip took just 10 minutes to fire his side ahead against Killingworth Sporting and went on to net a hat-trick in a 4-0 win.

The points move Ponteland three points clear of Alnwick Town at the top of the Premier Division on a day where the rain left pitches sodden and unplayable throughout the region.

Tulip added number two five minutes later and although the black and whites went on to create a number of chances, they didn’t extend their lead further until Richard Kent netted five minutes from time.

Tulip celebrated his treble in the final minute while Carlisle City sub Olly Driver scored a late double in a 4-1 victory at Wark.

Chris Major lobbed advancing keeper Ryan Potts to put City ahead in the 12th minute and although Wark levelled five minutes later when Matthew Blackith tucked away, Craig Cherry tapped in a Jamie Heath cross at the back post to make it 2-1.

Driver netted in the 80th and 90th minutes to seal the win for the third-placed side.

Seaton Delaval Amateurs went into the final of the Northumberland FA Senior Benevolent Bowl after an emphatic 5-0 win at Walker Central.

Steven Anderson drilled in the opener from 25 yards and added a second from the penalty spot 10 minutes later.

Tom Wilson slotted in the third before the break and Grey thumped a swerving 30-yard drive into the top corner to make it 4-0 in the 58th minute. Michael Fenwick side-footed in number five in the 75th minute.

Hebburn Reyrolle made it 14 games unbeaten as they recorded a 3-0 success over fourth-placed Cullercoats that maintained top spot in Division One. Ray Oshin, Channon North and Sean Sweeney got the goals.

Heddon’s Daniel Robinson struck four times in a 5-1 win over Berwick United Ultras as they moved into second place.

He grabbed a hat-trick, netting in the third, 20th and 33rd minutes, before Ross Greenhill made it four in the 42nd minute.

Chris Tait notched a consolation in the 62nd minute, with Robinson completing the scoring in the 74th minute.

Peter Southern hit two and Kyle Reardon grabbed the other as Wallington won 3-0 at North Shields Athletic to move up to fifth.

Alan Kelly and Dan Brown scored for Forest Hall as they drew 2-2 in a relegation battle with Stobswood Welfare to claim their first point of the season.

Chris Glass and Kevin Bell were on target for the visitors who remain nine points clear of their opponents.

Wallsend Town thumped Cramlington United 7-3 to go top of Division Two, with Craig Burke hitting a hat-trick.

The game was switched to Town’s pitch in an effort to get the go-ahead, with Mickey Pooley grabbing two himself and Sean Reid and Nikki Anderson getting the others while Neil Wilkin (two) and Jay Adams replied.

Goals from Martin Soulsby, Ross Fairly and Chris Davison gave Red House Farm a 3-2 win at Whitley Bay Town, whose scorers were Jed Findlay and Ben Harding.