Tweedmouth clubs in cup double


Craster Rovers...0

Tweedmouth Harrow...2

CRASTER matched their Division One opponents during the first half and only two good saves by Harrow keeper Steven Hastie kept the scoresheet blank at the end of the first half.

Harrow went ahead after 65 minutes when a 25-yard free-kick from Michael Allan gave the Craster keeper no chance and, although Craster continued to creates chances, an 80th minute goal from David Shields ensured a Harrow win.

Alnwick Town Res...4

Berwick Utd Res...1

ALNWICK started well and found themselves three up after 25 minutes with Stephen Hutchins, Neil MacFarleane and Paul Yeadon all on target.

A defensive error after 30 minutes saw Paul Wood pull a goal back for Berwick before half-time.

The second half was more evenly-contested and it was the 85th minute before sub Neil McFall netted a fourth goal for Alnwick.

Hedgeley Rovers...1

Tweedmouth Rangers...9

RANGERS inflicted a heavy defeat on their hosts as they cruised through to the next round.

Two Callum Gillie goals plus one each from Craig Todd and Gary Robertson saw them ahead at half-time.

In the second half, Richard Johnson scored for Hedgeley but a David Shields hat-trick and two from Peter McGaskill completed the scoreline.


Longhoughton Rangers...2

Lynemouth Institute...4

TWO last-minute goals cost the home team a share of the points at the end of a good, competitive game.

Mathew Sullivan had given Longhoughton a half-time lead.

At the start of the second half Charlie Charlton equalised for the visitors.

Sullivan then netted this second to restore the home club’s lead with David Drysdale equalising for Lynemouth.

On 89 minutes, Tony Messenger gave Lynemouth the lead and on 90 minutes, Andrew Neil scored a fourth for the visitors.


Wooler...4 Bamburgh Castle...1

WOOLER opened up a six-point lead at the top of Division Two but were made to work hard by some stubborn resistance from a determined Bamburgh side.

A 15th minute goal from James Jeffries separated the teams at half-time with an own-goal from Johnny Love extending the Wooler lead at the start of the second half.

A Kevin Potts penalty pulled a goal back for Bamburgh but a third goal from debutante Barry Guthrie plus an 80th minute strike from Jack Strangeways gave Wooler the points at the final whistle (report below).

Embleton WR...2 Alnmouth Utd...1

IN a good hard physical game, it was Embleton who went ahead through a Michael Openshaw goal with Karl Taylor equalising for Alnmouth.

With neither side giving much away, it was Stephen Shendon who grabbed the winning goal for Embleton.

Belford...1 Shilbottle CW Res...2

BELFORD were left to rue some good missed chances as the visitors went home with all three points. Ryan Thompson had given them a 10th minute lead with Gareth McCann equalising after 25 minutes to see the teams level at half-time.

Belford pushed forward after the break with a Paul Murray shot rebounding from the post and another effort cleared off the goal-line. A rare Shilbottle breakaway after 70 minutes saw Lee Pattinson lob the keeper to net the winning goal.


NFA Minor Cup (quarter final)

Gosforth Boh 3 Bedlington T Res 1.

Bilclough Cup (Round one)

Craster Rovers 0 Tweedmouth Harrow 2; Shilbottle CW 6 Rothbury 1; Alnwick Town Res 4 Berwick Utd Res 1; Hedgeley Rovers 1 Tweedmouth Rgrs 9.

Division One

Lounghoughton Rg 2 Lynemouth Inst 4.

Division Two

Wooler 4 Bamburgh Castle 1; Embleton WR 2 Alnmouth Utd 1; Belford 1 Shilbottle Res 2.