Red Row maintain unbeaten run at head of NNL Division 1

editorial image

Division One

Amble St Cuthbert 0

Red Row Welfare 3

At the end of a good competitive game Red Row continued unbeaten at the top of the division.

A Luke Baston goal had given the visitors a half-time lead, with Brad Wake adding a second after 55 minutes and Paul Smith scoring a third in the final minute of the game.

Alnwick Town Reserves 3

Tweedmouth Rangers 0

Alnwick continue in third spot after a good win over Tweedmouth.

Kyle Kennedy and Gareth McCann goals gave Alnwick the lead at half-time with a third goal from Jake Morrison during the second half sealing the win.

Bamburgh Castle 1

Rothbury 1

Ben Storey fired the visitors ahead on 20 minutes and Rothbury held their lead until the interval.

Bamburgh continued to be frustrated by the home side but sustained pressure led to a spectacular Danny Johnson hat-trick within 12 minutes. Levelling on 70 after shrugging off several challenges,a half-volley and then slotting home to put the result beyond doubt.(3-1)

Johnny Johnson completed the scoring on 85 minutes.

Match sponsor- Slate Hall Riding Centre.

Belford 1

North Sunderland 3

After a good competitive game in which Belford struck the woodwork three times.

It was the visitors who went home with the win.

Gareth Pearson gave North Sunderland a first half lead but Ross Moore equalised before half-time.

In the second half Robert Scott gave the visitors the lead with a Kevin Elliott effort form outside the area staling the win.

Bedlington Breakers 3

Lowick Utd 2

Breakers moved above Lowick in the table after this result.

Paul Wood scored for Lowick during the first half but goals from Ritchie Hall and Jordan Lashley saw the home team lead the the break.

Lowick netted a second through wood during the second half but Michael Freathy scored to give breakers the points.

Division Two

Craster Rovers 1

Ashington Town Central 2

A much improved performance by Craster saw them lose out by the odd goal of three against Ashington.

They trailed to a Karl Davison goal at half-time and although Phil Bright netted for Craster after the break a second goal from Ross Adams gave Ashington the points.

Tweedmouth Harrow 1

Embleton WR 0

A good even contest between two committed sides saw the first half finish goalless, with a goal from Terry James midway though the second half giving Harrow their first win of the new season.

Highfields Utd 3

Spittal Rovers 7

The score line at the end was harsh on the me club as they battled well throughout the game.

A three goal spell in six minutes during the second half from Spittal saw them comfortable winners at the final whistle.

Robert Curle netted for Highfields with Jamie Punton netting for Spittal as the teams reached half-time level.

In the second half David Blackhall and Simon Hargreaves scored for Highfields but further goals from Stuart Bertram (two) Adam Turner, Anthony Gleadon, Chris Coe and Gary Wales saw Spittal go second in the table.

Springhill 8

Alnmouth 0

Springhill played some good football and were in total control throughout this match.

They were five goals ahead at the break and with Alnmouth never a threat they added three more after half-time.

Connor Davison and Andrew Skelly both netted two apiece with further goals from Michael Yule, Daryl Bell, Paul Johnson and Chris Jenkins making up the final total.

Wooler 6

Bedlington Forresters 0

A youthful Wooler team secured their third victory of the season with this comfortable win against new team Bedlington Forrsters.

Wooler manager Bruce Crombie made some tactical changes for this match due to unavailability of players but the payers who came into the team acquitted themselves well.

Wooler started brightly and scored after five minutes when Connor Cowens fired home from 20 yards.

The visitors were defending stoutly but were unable to create any clear cut scoring opportunities and there attacks were easily dealt with by the Wooler defence.

For most of the first half the game followed a pattern of patient Wooler possession leading to numerous scoring opportunities without success.

Just before half-time Wooler were awarded a penalty after the Bedlington captain gave away a need less penalty. Jack Strangeways convert3d confidently from the spot kick to give Wooler a deserved 2.0 lead at halftime.

The second half resumed with intense Wooler pressure but it took 15 minutes for the third goal which was a fine individual effort by Sam Cowens who cut in from the left to deftly fire home.

Wooler then made a number of substitutions and in the final 20 minutes they scored another three goals through Jack Strangeways (2) and Cameron Wilson.