Northern Football Alliance round-up (Saturday, September 14, 2013)

editorial image


Jordan Miller’s last-gasp penalty put Percy Main into the second round of the Bay Plastics Challenge Cup yesterday afternoon.

Dan Murray took just eight seconds to fire visitors Hebburn Reyrolle ahead when he latched onto a stray backpass and slotted home.

Chris Laidlaw levelled in the 52nd minute and Miller got on the end of a cross to steer the Villagers ahead with just four minutes to go.

Reyrolle had a man dismissed but Steven Cockburn equalised with a fine individual goal in the 89th minute

However, three minutes into injury-time, Joe Betts was fouled in the box and Miller stepped up to put the Main through.

Joe Moscrop fired Ashington Colliers ahead at Walker Central after four minutes but Steve Hurd levelled from the penalty spot in the 34th minute.

Central supersub George Weatherby came off the bench and crashed in the winner in the 87th minute from a goalmouth scramble.

Wallington raced into a 3-0 lead at Wallsend Town with goals from Justin Millican, John Paxton and a Sam Walton penalty. Town were reduced to 10men but made the visitors sweat for the final whistle as Christopher Garwood pulled two back.

Sam Moore hit the only goal of the game for Rutherford at Northbank to secure a spot in the next round.

Andrew Robertson’s double put Whitley Bay through, with Michael Bowman netting a penalty for visitors Killingworth Station.

Red House Farm came from behind to see off Seaton Delaval in extra-time. Ray Oshin shot the visitors ahead but Tom Phillips levelled and goals from Shane Brooks, Lee Brady and Theo Bondswell in the added period put Farm into the hat.


Carlisle City’s Peter Ferris and Dan Gawith both hit doubles in a big win over Stocksfield in the only league game. Darren Addison and subs Mark Graham and Rob McCartney got the others, with Ben Dibb-Fuller hitting a consolation.


Bohemians crashed in ELEVEN without reply at Heddon in the Bay Plastics Combination Cup. Darren Campbell and Iain Harris both grabbed hat-tricks with Tavis Couling, Daniel Ure, Alex Kennedy, Daniel Sanderson and Stephen Salter all getting in on the act.

Scott Jasper also netted a treble in North Shields Athletic’s success against Willington Quay Saints. Liam Climpson and John Wyres got the others, with Gareth Pugh and Kane Chirnside replying.

Anthony Smith hit two for Birtley Saint Joseph’s at New Fordley, with Damien Stevens getting the other, while goals from Joe Watson and Michael Spencer saw Newcastle Uni through at Cullercoats.

Christian Priest’s penalty got Cramlington Town on their way against Bedlington Terriers Reserves, with Ross Gilchrist adding two more and Ian Sinclair netting a late consolation.

Dieu Lomana, Martin Dixon and Steve McLaughlin scored for Newcastle Chemfica against Hexham, who had Scott Robson on target.

Wooler advanced against Ponteland United after extra-time. The Glendale side had Stuart Bertram, Kevin Bell, Fraser Tait and an own-goal on the scoresheet, with Thomas Skidmore and Peter Scott the United scorers.


Alnwick Town Reserves also won in extra-time as they advanced in the Blue Fin Group Amateur Cup at the expense of Longbenton.

Stuart Sullivan (two), Kenny Collins and Dom Schievetta hit the target for the black and whites, with Ant Brown hitting a double in reply.

Lewis Conroy struck a 65-minute winner for Gateshead Leam Rangers at AFC Newbiggin.

Wallsend Boys Club went ahead through Nicky Whitelaw and when visitors Cramlington United were reduced to 10 men after the break, Michael Starkie added a second to send Boys’ Club through.

Stephen Thompson crashed in a treble for Newcastle Benfield Reserves in an excitingextra-time win at West Allotment Celtic A. Chris Thompson got the 115th-minute winner, with Jason Nicholson and Ben Jackson (two) the Celtic marksmen.

Andrew Bennett also plundered a hat-trick for Seaton Burn as they saw off Swalwell. Craig Jackson, Andrew Bennett and Jonathon Sutcliffe got the others and James Bowman, Danny Igo and Daniel Miles struck at the other end.

Dan Carr (two), Andrew Howe and Paul Huck fired in for Blyth Isabella in their victory over Wideopen, whose reply came from Will Nutman.

Goals from Dwayne Murray and Robert Jefferson Grainger Park win at Whitburn, who had Alexander Eleazar on target.

RESULTS (Saturday, September 14, 2013)

Bay Plastics Challenge Cup, Round One

Northbank Carlisle 0 Gateshead Rutherford 1

Percy Main Amateurs 3 Hebburn Reyrolle 2

Red House Farm 4 Seaton Delaval Amateurs 1 (aet)

Walker Central 2 Ashington Colliers 1

Wallsend Town 2 Wallington 3

Whitley Bay A 2 Killingworth Station 1


Cramlington Town 3 Bedlington Terriers Reserves 1

Cullercoats 0 Newcastle University 2

Heddon 0 Gosforth Bohemians 11

New Fordley 0 Birtley St Joseph’s 3

Newcastle Chemfica (Independent) 3 Hexham 1

North Shields Athletic 5 Willington Quay Saints 2

Wooler 4 Ponteland United 2 (aet)


AFC Newbiggin 0 Gateshead Leam Rangers 1

Alnwick Town Reserves 4 Longbenton 2 (aet)

Blyth Isabella 4 Wideopen & District 1

Seaton Burn 6 Swalwell 3

Wallsend Boys Club 2 Cramlington United 0

West Allotment Celtic A 3 Newcastle Benfield Reserves 4 (aet)

Whitburn Athletic 1 Grainger Park BC 2


Carlisle City 7 Stocksfield 1