Northern Alliance round-up (Saturday, October 26)

Red House Farm moved up into second spot in the Premier Division with first-half goals from Alex Benjamin and Mark Sheeran (pen) to see off Stocksfield, who hit back just after the interval through Nathan Marshall.

A David Atkinson penalty and Scott Pocklington shot put Blyth Town in control against Seaton Delaval, but the Red Devils hit back with an Andrew Wright penalty and levelled deep into stoppage time when Ryan Hutchinson pounced from a corner.

Wallington marched into the semi-finals of the Bay Plastics Challenge Cup with a resounding 4-0 success at Carlisle City.

Kyle Reardon and Jordan Nellis struck in the first half and John Paxton and Sam Walton, with a penalty, added the others after the break.

Walker Central also went into the last four with goals from Chris Hamilton, Stephen Hurd jnr (pen) and Matthew Hayton, while first-half strikes from Michael Clement and Connor Johnson saw Whitley Bay A through against Percy Main, who pulled one back courtesy of Darren Walsh.

Mark Worrall and Ricky Lee James both hit hat-tricks as Northbank overpowered Heddon in the Archers of Blyth George Dobbins League Cup.

Andrew Griffiths and Nicky Routeledge netted the others with Dan Robinson claiming a consolation for the Division One side.

In Division One, Kane Chirnside bagged a brace and Anthony Bruce was also on the scoresheet for Willington Quay Saints at New Fordley, who came back to take a point with goals from Scott Young, Steven Ardley and Andrew Waugh with a fine 25-yarder and Peter Scott grabbed the only goal of the game for Ponteland United as they took the three points at home to Cullercoats.

Steve McLaughlin slammed in a treble as Newcastle Chemfica eased past North Shields Athletic into the semi-finals of the Bay Plastics Combination Cup, with Martin Dixon also on the scoresheet. Birtley Saint Josephs also had a hat-trick hero in Chris Morris as they saw off Wooler. A Frazer Tait own goal completed the tally while Bohemians also pulled off a 4-0 success over Cramlington Town thanks to strikes from Tavis Couling (pen), Nick Thompson, Andrew Dalton and Jon Hewitt.

Gateshead Redheugh’s Liam Henderson, Robert Frame and Alan Pegram hit the target as they saw off Newcastle Uni to claim their place in the semis. Michael Spencer netted a consolation.

Ross Muter’s fine treble helped put AFC Newbiggin back on top of Division Two.

Jonathon McEnany and John Bone added the others for the Seasiders as they beat Wideopen.

Matt Lavender struck twice and Dan Carr got the other as Blyth Isabella also maintained the pressure at the top. Jamie Butler replied for visitors Gateshead Leam Rangers.

Matthew Slater (two), Jason Nicholson and Sean Allen celebrated scoring for West Allotment Celtic A as they won the basement battle at Cramlington United, who hit back with goals from Daniel Grey and Mark Nicholson.

Ben Jefferson’s hat-trick helped book Newcastle Benfield Reserves a spot in the Blue Fin Amateur Cup semi finals as they beat Grainger Park 4-2. Max Kirkham added the other with a lovely goal.

Andy Sagar grabbed a double in Chopwell’s 4-3 win at Heighington FC in the Durham FA Minor Cup. Derek Waters and Tom Jackson-Bell got the others while Dayne Weir and Nathan Capling hit the back of the net for Whitburn Athletic as they saw off the challenge of Sunderland The Alexandra to progress.