Northern Alliance round-up (Saturday, December 14)

Whitley Bay A suffered only their third defeat of the season as Stocksfield turned on the style.

Gav Watt, Ben Murdock and Keiron Day netted for the Griffins, with Connor Johnson replying for the Seahorses, who were knocked off top spot as Sam Walton struck twice and Jack Palmer, Adam Whitehead and John Paxton added the others with Wallington cruising to an impressive victory at Killingworth Station – and into pole position in the Premier Division.

Northbank went ahead at Red House Farm when Andrew Griffiths netted, but Robert Nolan soon replied with a double and Shane Brooks added a third.

Gareth Armstrong and Shaun Smith fired Percy Main into a half-time lead at Rutherford, who hit back after the break courtesy of Eddie Keenan and Daniel Johnstone.

Ashington Colliers scorers were Joe Moscrop, Darren Riddel (two) and Anth Watson in a seven-goal thriller at Wallsend Town, who had Dekka Graham (two) and Paul Smith on the scoresheet.

Cristen Priest’s winner for Cramlington Town at Bedlington Terriers Reserves put them back on top of Division One.

Newcastle Uni’s Jack Taylor hit the only goal against Heddon while Craig Dunn and Tom Illingworth netted for New Fordley at Willington Quay Saints, who pulled one back through Glen Johnson, in just his second game back on the bench after 21 months out of action.

Andy Renton, Louis O’Donoghue and Tavis Couling fired home for Bohemians as they beat Birtley Saint Josephs. Shaun Todhunter pulled one back.

An Andrew Davidson penalty and a second from Dan Wright put Ponteland United in charge at Cullercoats, who came back strongly after the interval to take a point with Martin Wardale grabbing a double.

David Short struck twice as Division Two leaders Longbenton got back on track at Gateshead Leam Rangers. Anthony Brown and Alex Nesbit got the others with Louis Meach and Jonny Dobson the Rangers hit-men.

Chris Carr, Stephen Baker and David Hewitt all scored in the first half as Seaton Burn beat High Howdon and late strikes from John Sommerville and Brad McEvoy gave Grainger Park the points at Wideopen, who got a consolation through Johnny Lowes while Wallsend Boys Club were 4-1 winners at Chopwell.

Malcolm Morien and David Atkinson both struck four times as Blyth Town demolished a depleted Hebburn Reyrolle to go into the semi-finals of the Archers of Blyth George Dobbins League Cup. Josh Miller, Ian Lee and Connor Andrews got the others.

A Chris Rue penalty and further goals from Lee Gustard and Paul Dunn put Shankhouse through against a spirited young Newcastle Benfield Reserves and Scott Jasper bagged a brace as North Shields Athletic claimed Walker Central’s scalp. Sean Kersbro got the other – John Robson replying.

Steve McLaughlin hit a hat-trick as Newcastle Chemfica came from behind to win a thriller against Gateshead Redheugh.

Garick Murphy-Collins, Dan Sherliker and Leeds Laidler got the others, with Liam Henderson (pen), Robbie Frame, Andy May and Paul Silcock crashing home at the other end.

Carlisle City were left stunned as Andy Geddis met a corner at the far post five minutes from the end to send Second Division Alnwick Town Reserves into the semi-finals of the Bluefin Group Bill Gardner Memorial Trophy.

Dan Long netted twice as Blyth Isabella cruised through to join them. Andrew Haigh, Dan Carr and Dan Hislop added the others, with Danny Igo scoring for visitors Swalwell.

Premier Division Seaton Delaval were also 5-1 winners to book a last four berth. Second Division Whitburn Athletic held them until half-time, but Stephen Howes grabbed a hat-trick after the interval. Youngster Michael Scott fired in a stunning effort from 40 yards and Christian Graham completed the scoring. The Whitburn consolation came from an own goal.

Fraser Tait shot home for First Division Wooler but goals from Darren Burn (two) and Mick Angus gave Second Division AFC Newbiggin a good win in the Northumberland FA Minor Cup.