Northern Alliance League round-up (Saturday, October 5, 2013)

editorial image


Jack L’Argent (three), Craig Cook and Christian Collins crashed home for Ponteland United in an exciting League Cup tie, with Tom Vickers (two) and Alan Wallace (pen) netting for Alnwick Town Reserves this afternoon.


Wallington pulled off a surprise as they dumped Heaton Stannington out of the Benevolent Bowl at the first hurdle.

Alex Slack, Jake Walton and Josh Gilmartin fired in for the Greens, with a Trev Baston own-goal the sole consolation for the Northern League side.

Paul Dunn struck in each half to send Shankhouse through against Stocksfield, while Chris Tate crashed in a brace for Killingworth Station as they knocked Seaton Delaval Amateurs out. Lee Hamilton got the other from the penalty spot, Danny Young replied.

Ian Lee slammed in a hat-trick in Blyth Town’s easy win over Heddon, with Danny Beresford, Connor Andrews and Ian Herron adding the others.

Paul Newton Eddy also claimed a treble in Red House Farm’s 6-2 success over Walker Central.Lee Brady, Michael Steinmetz and Marty Soulsby also got on the scoresheet.

Steve Matthews scored for Wallsend Town in their defeat at Prudhoe Town and Andrew Robertson was Whitley Bay A’s four-goal hero as they came from two goals down at Percy Main to win in extra-time.

Curtis Miller and James Leggett netted for the Villagers, but Robertson led the fightback, with Gav Hattrick and Liam Harris also netting.

Christian Priest (two) and Chris Shanks scored for Cramlington Town as they dumped out Ashington Colliers, who had led with an early Joe Moscrop strike.


Mark Worrall bagged four goals in Northbank’s 7-1 drubbing of Gateshead Rutherford in the only Premier Division game of the day.

Lee McDermott, Andrew Griffiths and Jonathon McGarvey added the others, with Sam Moore notching a consolation.


Robert Watson (two) and Steve Hart scored for Cullercoats in their win over Birtley Saint Joseph’s, with Jack Pearson and Martin Guy replying.

An Andrew Dalton double handed Bohs three points at in-form Newcastle Uni, who struck thanks to Robbie Sweet.

Scott Robson’s opener for Hexham was cancelled out by second-half goals from North Shields Athletic’s Sean Millington, John Wyres and Liam Climpson.


Chopwell continue to top the division as strikes from Kevin Regan, John Meadows and Andy Smith gave them the points against Whitburn, who pulled one back through Wayne West.

Longbenton’s Chris Sword struck three times in a victory over AFC Newbiggin. Rob Woods got the other, John Bone replied.

Wideopen’s first win of the season came with goals from Winter, Nolan, Johnny Lowes and Cormack against Newcastle Benfield Reserves, who hit back through Steve Thompson and Chris Thompson (two).

Steve McCabe, Nicky Whitelaw, Ben Robson and Michael Starkie were Wallsend Boys Club’s hit-men in a success against High Howdon.

Paul Huck and Dan Carr both bagged braces in Blyth Isabella’s win against Swalwell. Michael Meins got the other and James Bowman pulled one back from the spot.


Willington Quay Saints’ Mark Henderson struck twice as they knocked North Shields Athletic Reserves out of the NFA Minor Cup.

Dale Johnson and Grant Starling got the others, with Leroy Odd striking two in reply.

Chris Carr (four), Ryan Spragg (two), Dave Hewitt jnr and Jonathon Turner fired in for Seaton Burn as they overwhelmed Wansbeck FC, who had taken a surprise lead.

Goals from Ben Jackson (two), Jason Nicholson, Dan Surley and Andi Massamba put West Allotment Celtic A into Round two as they beat Chemfica 3rds.

Louis Boddy (two) and Andrew Waugh scored for New Fordley as they went to extra-time at Hazlerigg Victory, but won 4-3 on penalties

Wooler’s Mark Forrest thumped a treble in their 5-0 success at Tweedmouth Harrow. Fraser Tait and Gareth Pearson added the others.

Lowick United hit the only goal as Grainger Park were the only Alliance side to make an early exit.


Hebburn Reyrolle destroyed Coxhoe United with a nine-goal salvo in the Durham FA Trophy. Lee Bell (three), Jonny Basham (three), Dan Murray, Gary Goodwin and Matty Scott did the damage.

Gateshead Redheugh’s Kev Hay, Zak Atkinson, Ryan Davenport and Liam Henderson netted in their win at Billingham Town Intermediates, but Gateshead Leam Rangers were knocked out by Brandon British Legion, who won 2-0.