North Northumberland League round-up (Saturday, January 24)

North Northumberland Football League news and reports.
North Northumberland Football League news and reports.


North Sunderland 1 Lowick Utd 7

The home club never recovered from a slow start on Saturday and found themselves four down at half-time. Lowick continued to control the game after half-time, to add three more before the final whistle, with Robert Scott netting a consolation goal for the home side. Marco Lambert hit four for Lowick, with Andy Metcalfe scoring twice and Liam Hindmarsh also on the scoresheet.

Tweedmouth Rangers 3 Bamburgh Castle 0

Tweedmouth made a good start and were two goals up inside the first five minutes through Peter McAskill and Craig Howard. In the second half, Bamburgh had a chance to pull a goal back from the penalty-spot, but missed, and Shane McGregor sealed the win for Rangers with a third in the 88th minute.

Alnmouth Utd 4 Wansbeck AFC 1

An early goal from Peter Murray gave Alnmouth the lead and, after 35 minutes, Matt Robson doubled the advantage. After the break, on 47 minutes, Ryan Taylor added a third before Andrew Murray got on the scoresheet with a fourth goal. Alnmouth then missed a penalty before Jamie Graham scored a late consolation for Wansbeck after 85 minutes. Full match report here.


Eglingham FC 0 Belford 9

Eglingham made the leaders work hard in the first half and only trailed by two goals at half-time. It was a different story after the interval as Belford turned up the pressure and notched seven more goals before the final whistle. The Belford scorers were Fraser Tait, Ross Moore and Kevin Greshon, with two apiece, and Darren Thompson, Kevin France and Archie Little goals making up the final tally.

Embleton WR 1 Craster Rovers 6

In this local derby, the visitors earned the bragging rights by the final whistle. Goals from Harry Woolhouse, John Mowbray, Regan Turnbull and Shaun Toal saw Craster ahead at half-time. In the second half, Embleton pulled a goal back through veteran Ray Imeson, on as substitute. The visitors netted two more with a second for Shaun Toal and a Richard Stanwix goal.

Lynemouth Anglers Utd 5 Alnmouth 4

Six goals came in the first half as Nick Storey netted twice for Lynemouth, with Alnmouth scoring four times through John Briggs, two, Ryan Dodgson and Kallum Tudor. Lynemouth came back after half-time and took the points as Nick Storey completed his hat-trick, with David Drysdale and Scott Neil also scoring.

Tweedmouth Harrow 0 Amble St Cuthbert 5

The Harrow defence had no answer to Amble’s forwards as the visitors ran out comfortable winners at the final whistle to keep up the pressure at the top of the table. Prolific scorers Liam Ramsay, with a hat-trick, and Reece Ramsay, with two, were the St Cuthbert marksmen.

Springhill 5 Wooler Reserves 0

Springhill kept in touch with the top two clubs after this win over Wooler. David Jardine, Colin Young and Ritchie Green had given them half-time lead and they made sure of the points when David Jardine, with his second, and an own-goal completed the scoring.