North Northumberland League round-up (Saturday, February 21)

North Northumberland Football League news and reports.
North Northumberland Football League news and reports.


Bamburgh Castle 3 Wansbeck AFC 3

Bamburgh took a two-goal lead on Saturday through Johnny Johnson but a Mitchell Fawcus goal saw Wansbeck pull a goal back before half-time. In the second half, Wansbeck went in front with two goals from Jamie Graham, but a late strike from Dan Johnson saw Bamburgh salvage a point.

Tweedmouth Rangers 1 Red Row Welfare 1

Although play was end-to-end during the first half, neither team created many chances and, at half-time, the game was still goalless. Red Row went ahead after 75 minutes when Sean Palmer netted direct from a free-kick but, with just about the last action of the game, a Lee Dodd cross was headed home by Jonathan Brown to see the points shared at the final whistle.

Alnmouth United 2 Highfields United 0

Alnmouth were made to work for a win that keeps them at the head of the table. Midway through the first half, a Peter Murray cross was diverted into his own net by a Highfileds defender to give Alnmouth the lead. Ten minutes into the second half, a goal from Liam Jefferson made sure of the win.


Alnmouth 0 Amble St Cuthbert 5

Amble kept up the pressure on the leaders with a comfortable win against Alnmouth. Goals from Liam Ramsay, Connor Stroughton and James Davison put Amble ahead at half-time and, during the second half, a Reece Ramsay penalty plus a goal from substitute Josh Harrison sealed the win.

Craster Rovers 0 Tweedmouth Harrow 3

Craster lost ground on the leading clubs after this defeat. Johnny Gill and Mark Douglas had given the visitors a half-time lead, while a third goal from Jordan Richardson wrapped up the three points.

Belford 13 Lynemouth Anglers United 0

A dramatic second-half collapse saw the visitors slump to a heavy defeat at the hands of the league leaders. Belford led by two goals at half-time but the home keeper Chris Sinton had to be alert to prevent Lynemouth scoring. It was all change after the break as Belford went goal crazy to net 11 more before the final whistle. Mark Dunlop, six, Dan Tully and Ross Moore, with two apiece, plus single strikes from Fraser Tait, Ryan Lillico and Kevin France made up the Belford total.

Wooler Reserves 6 Eglingham FC 4

Both teams netted once during the first half to see the sides level at half-time, but, after the break, Wooler made the most of their chances to take the points at the final whistle. Paul Murray and James Spencer, with two goals each, and single strikes from Ryan Carr and Radostaw Wallzyl made up the Wooler total, with two from Michael Kirkup and futher goals by Jordan Beattie and Tristan Oliver making up the Eglingham score.


Embleton WR 3 Springhill 5

Two first-half goals from David Jardine put Springhill ahead at half-time. In the second half, two goals from Joe Sleighthome drew Emblton level but two goals by Richard Green restored Springhill’s lead, Dan Wilkin then scored for Embleton, but, with the last kick of the match, Daryl Bell netted a fifth for Springhill.