North Northumberland Football League round-up (Saturday, April 18, 2015)

North Northumberland Football League news and reports.
North Northumberland Football League news and reports.


Tweedmouth Rangers 4 Alnmouth Utd 2

The home club clinched runners-up spot with this win over the newly-crowned champions. The visitors scored first with a third-minute goal from Jordan Frost with Craig Walker equalising after 15 minutes. They went ahead when Keiran Cromarty netted after 20 minutes but Alnmouth equalised again before half-time through a Peter Murray goal. After half-time, Tweedmouth went ahead when Craig Howard’s netted from the penalty-spot and the lead was extended when Johnathan Brown saw the keeper off his line and lobbed the ball home from 40 yards out.

Red Row 2 Wansbeck AFC 2

Sean Palmer and Jack Anderson were the respective scorers as the teams finished level at half-time. In the second half, Darren Smith for Red Row and a second from Anderson saw the points shared at the final whistle.


Wooler Reserves 5 Embleton WR 2

Wooler led at the interval after a close half. In the second half, they netted three more to take the win, with Embleton scoring once. On target for Wooler were Ryan Carr, Alan Taylor, Jack Strangeways, James Guthrie and Robert Mathewson, while Embleton’s replies came from Jake Wilkin and Spencer Eardley.

Belford 8 Craster Rovers 0

Belford went nap in the first half to lead comfortably at the break and, during the second half, netted three more before the final whistle. Scorers for Belford were Mark Dunlop and Neil Jefferson, with hat-tricks, and further goals from Darren Thompson and Ross Morton.

Robson Cup, Semi-Final

Amble St Cuthbert 2 Tweedmouth Harrow 2 (aet, Amble win 3-2 penalties)

A Reece Ramsay penalty saw Amble ahead at half-time. Harrow hit back to equalise with goals from Craig Anderson and Johnny Blythe to send the game into extra-time. There were no further goals in the added period, with Amble holding their nerve to win the penalty shoot-out by 3-2.