North Northumberland Football League round-up

Division One

Tweedmouth Harrow...1 Embleton WR...1

In a game where the Harrow created plenty of chances to take the points they found themselves a goal down as Kenny Collins struck for Embleton during the first half.

In the second half Harrow continued to create the chances and finally equalised in the 80th minute thanks to a goal from Robbie Skelly.

Longhoughton Rangers...4 Shilbottle CW...6

In a first half where the home team never really got going they found themselves five goals down at half-time.

They improved slightly after the break to come back at Shilbottle but not even the introduction of sub Steve Mullen could get them a point as Shilbottle added a sixth goal.

Adrian Carter twice, David Troy and Danny Sykes were the home team marksmen while a Alan Wallace hat-trick and single strikes from Danny Lillico, Richard Brown and Kevin Elliott ensured the Shilbottle win.

Stobswood Utd...4 Berwick Utd...0

A better performance from Stobswood saw them pick up their second win of the season at home to Berwick Utd.

Lenny Lansbury had given them a half-time lead and after the interval two Andre Neil goals and an effort from Roger Pile gave them some welcome points.

Rothbury...3 Wooler...6

A failure to defend at set pieces cost Rothbury dear in this fixture with Wooler. Two behind after 25 minutes, they pulled a goal back just before half-time through Michael Old.

They equalised at the start of the second half through Mitchell Ramsay but Wooler hit back to retake the lead.

Rothbury again equalised through George Scott after 50 minutes but again Wooler cam back to net three more before the final whistle.

Wooler’s total was made up of a Robert Shepherd hat-trick and singles strikes from Tom Martin, Craig Henderson and Luke Strangeways.

Division Two

Red Row Welfare...24 Amble St Cuthbert...0

A ruthless performances from Red Row saw them completely overwhelm bottom club Amble as they ran up a scoreline that could be a first in the league.

Nine down at the interval, things didn’t get better as Red Row ran in 15 more before the final whistle.

Kevin Bell hit seven goals. Darren Smith netted five, hat-tricks came from Marc Nixon, Sean Palmer and Robert Baker while John Charlton, Jack Small and Sean Henderson all netted one apiece.

Craster Rovers...2 Alnwick Town U21s...1

A Lee Charlton goal separated the teams at half-time and Craster added a second mid way through the second half thanks to a Edwin Gillon goal.

Alnwick gave them some tense moments in the closing stages as Danny Donohoe netted after 80 minutes.

Northumberland FA Minor Cup Round One

Six teams from the league progressed into the next round after Saturday’s fixtures.

After a goalless first half, goals from Gary Brown and Wayne Scott saw Shilbottle Reserves through while Tony Messenger helped himself to two goals as AFC Newbiggin eased past Wallsend Town Reserves.

North Sunderland struck seven times to ease past Heaton Rifles while an early goal from Ross Morton and an 85th-minute goal from Frazer Tait saw Belford beat Cramlington United.

Tweedmouth Rangers had two Peter Macaskill goals and a Craig Howard strike making up their winning total over Newcastle Dynamo Fenham.

A first-ever goal for Bamburgh from Jonny Moffet saw them into extra-time at Gosforth Boh B and they held their nerve to win a penalty shoot-out.

Elsewhere Alnmouth lost out to Morpeth Baptist, Springhill went out to High Howdon and Hedgeley Rovers lost out at Blyth Town Reserves.