North Northumberland Football League round-up

A round-up of Saturday’s matches in the Sportsworld (NE) Ltd North Northumberland League.


Shilbottle CW...1 Alnwick Town Reserves...4

After a goalless first half with not much between the teams during the second half a defensive error gifted Alnwick a goal.

The took control of the closing stages to add three more before Shilbottle netted a consolation goal from the penalty spot scored by Phil Grey.

On target for Alnwick were David Davison scoring twice with Neil McFarlane and Neill McFall grabbing a goal apiece.


Rothbury...1 Lynemouth Institute...1

After a good, hard contest between two evenly matched teams both sides had to be content with a point.

The first half ended goalless but at the start of the second half Rothbury went ahead through a Craig Sutton header.

Lynemouth came back to equalise when they were awarded a 65th minute penalty which was converted by David Drysdale.


Alnmouth...1 Wooler...1

In a game between two well matched teams it was champions Wooler who applied pressure from kick off but half time arrived goalless.

Wooler continued to press in the second half but after Alnmouth took the lead after 78 minutes when a Stephen Carey cross was converted by Darren Smith.

Wooler drew level after 88 minutes when a long ball into the area from Jack Strangeways evaded everyone and found its way into the net.

Hedgeley Rovers...1 Bamburgh Castle...5

Bamburgh were the stronger team throughout this game and goals from Johnny Archer and Kevin Potts gave them the lead at half time.

Hedgeley did pull a goal back through Daniel Havelin but further strikes for Bamburgh from Darren Egdell, Stephen Walker and Craig Friar settled the game in Bamburgh’s favour.

Embleton WR...4 Belford...2

Embleton kept up the pressure for runners-up spot with a win over Belford.

Two goals from Mike Openshaw and a Regan Turnbull effort gave them a good start in the first half with Kevin Greshon replying for Belford.

During the second half Belford missed a penalty before Mike Openshaw completed his hat-trick with Kevin Greshon netting his second after 80 mins.