Leaders Bamburgh lose their unbeaten record to Lowick

editorial image

Division One

Bamburgh Castle 1

Lowick Utd 3

Bamburgh were left to rue missed chances at the end of this game.

Dan Johnson had given Bamburgh the lead with Brian Blackburn equalising for Lowick before half-time.

Play was fairly even until the 70th minute when Paul Wood put Lowick ahead and after 80 minutes Kris Dixon sealed the game with a third for the visitors.

Alnwick Town Reserves 7

Breakers, Bedlington 4

After an entertaining first half Alnwick led by the odd goal of seven.

During the second half it was Alnwick who continued to press and they added three more before the final whistle.

Regan Turnbull (three), Gareth McCann (two), Stephen Hogg and Alan Wallace were the Alnwick goalscorers with Glen Stroughton, Jordan Lashley and Michael Freathy the Bedlington scorers.

North Sunderland 6

Amble St Cuthbert 2

North Sunderland recorded their second win of the season with a convincing victory against Amble.

Three first half gaols from the home team gave them the advantage at half-time and they went on to secure the win with three more in the second half.

Richard Stanwix (two), Stephen Rutter, Ryan Thompson, Robert Scott and Ross Stanton were the home scorers with Joshua Harrison and Liam Ramsay scoring Ambles replies.

Red Row Welfare 7

Rothbury 0

Rothbury battled well during the first half but still trailed by two goals at half-time.

Marc Nixon was introduced as a second half substitute for the home club and helped himself to a hat-trick as Red Row netted five more before the final whistle.

The other scorers for Red Row were Darren Smith (two), Paul Smith and Ben Lilburn.

Division Two

Forresters FC 0

Craster Rovers 4

After a shaky start Craster recorded their first win of the season.

Paddy Gritton and Ben Gallagher gave Craster the lead with further goals by Harry Woolhouse and Glen Robson sealing the win.

Springhill 2

Embleton WR 3

Goals from Martin Bell and Chris Jenkins saw Springhill ahead with Chris Chisholm pulling one back for Embleton before half-time.

In the second half Embleton came back to take the points with further goals from Jason Imeson and James Thorp.

Spittal Rovers 3

Wooler 0

After the clash between two unbeaten teams it was Spittal who took over at the top of the table.

The home team missed a good chance to take the lead but Mark Bolton missed from the penalty spot after nine minutes, but they went ahead on 33 minutes through a goal from James Woollett. A second from Stuart Bertram doubled the lead before half-time.

Play was fairly even during the second half with Gary Wales adding a third after 59 minutes to end the scoring and put Spittal at the ahead of the table.

Ashington Town Central 4

Tweedmouth Harrow 2

After a hard physical game it was Ashington who secured the win to move up to third in the table.

Two Ross Adams goals plus a Mark Taylor goal saw the home club ahead at half-time with Harrow’s single reply scored by Kristian Neil.

In the second half Ross Adams completed his hat-trick with Kristian Neil scoring his second of the match.

* Two games were postponed at the weekend, involving Tweedmouth Rangers v Belford in Division 1 and Alnmouth v Highfields in Division 2.