Late goals floor Belford

Sportsworld North Northumberland League round-up

Division One

Belford...1 Berwick Utd...3

IN a tight contest between the top two teams, it was Belford who led at half-time through a Neil Jefferson goal.

The second-half was again close until the final 10 minutes when two goals from Mitchell Simpson and a Josh Dixon effort saw Berwick take the points and open up a four-point lead at the head of the table.

Stobswood Utd...4

Tweedmouth Harrow...1

STOBSWOOD were the stronger team in the first-half and led by three goals at half-time.

Craig Anderson did pull a goal back for Harrow after half-time but Stobswood added a fourth before the final whistle.

Goal-scorers for Stobswood were Andrew Neil, (two), Dan Taylor and Ross Muter.

Wooler...3 Springhill...2

AFTER a close first half, Wooler led at half-time through a Luke Strangeways goal.

After half-time, Michael Antcliffe equalised for Springhill but Jamie Punton then restored the Wooler lead.

Springhill were playing well but giving the ball away easily and Luke Strangeways netted his second of the match to extend the lead.

Springhill pulled a goal back through Kyle Wood but Wooler held on for the win.

Division Two

Craster Rovers...2 Alnmouth Utd...1

IN a scrappy first half, Alnmouth were the better side and took a 20th minute lead when Scott Fulton ran through to score.

The score stopped the same until half-time and after 49 minutes James Hedley saw the Alnmouth keeper off his line and he lobbed the ball into the net for a Craster equaliser.

The winning goal came in the 80th minute when Davey Hogg beat two players in the box to score (full report below).

Alnwick Town U21s...3

North Sunderland...1

A SLICK performance from the Alnwick team saw them move above their visitors with this win.

Leading by a single goal at half-time, they netted two more in the second-half with Ross Stanton pulling a goal back for the visitors.

Amble St Cuthbert...0

Shilbottle CW Res...8

AMBLE are finding life hard in their first season and went down to their 11th defeat of the season.

John Mowbray inspired Shilbottle, who led by five at half-time and completed the result with three more after the break.

Mowbray, with a hat-trick, Mathew Fowler, Gareth McCann, Stephen Passey and Shaun McKay were the Shilbottle goal-scorers.

NFA Minor Cup, Round Three

OF the seven North Northumberland Football League clubs left in the competition, only Red Row and Shilbottle won through to Round Four of the NFA Minor Cup after knocking out fellow league clubs.

Kevin Bell (three), Dan Palmer, Darren and Paul Smith were Red Row’s marksmen at Tweedmouth Rangers, whose single goal came from Lee Dodd, while Shaun Black and Alan Wallace, with a penalty, gave Shilbottle the win over Rothbury. Goals came from Scott Rennison.

Embleton WR took Morpeth Sporting to extra-time before conceding defeat with Kenny Collins, Mark Forrest and Alex Beeby their marksmen.

Bamburgh led at half-time through a Harry Woolhouse goal but conceded three times in the last 10 minutes.

An under-strength Newbiggin team hit the bar and post and scored thanks to a Colin McLelland penalty but Wallsend hit three to progress to the next round.


NFA Minor cup (Round three)

Tweedmouth Rangers 1 Red Row Welfare 6; Wallsend Seniors 3 Bamburgh Castle 1; Wallsend Town 3 AFC Newbiggin 1; Morpeth Sport Club 7 Embleton WR 3 (aet); Shilbottle CW 2 Rothbury 1.

Division One

Belford 1 Berwick Utd 3; Stobswood Utd 4 Tweedmouth Harrow 1; Wooler 3 Springhill 2.

Division Two

Craster Rovers 2 Alnmouth Utd 1; Alnwick Town U21s 3 North Sunderland 1; Amble St Cuthbert 0 Shilbottle CW Res 8.