Last-minute goal puts Belford through

Alnmouth v Belford''Alnmouth in stripes
Alnmouth v Belford''Alnmouth in stripes

North Northumberland League round-up

Bilclough Cup (Quarter-final)

Alnmouth Utd 0 Belford 1

After a gritty determined performance, Alnmouth were left to rue not taking any of the many chances they created.

Alnmouth pressed Belford back for most of the game with the first-division side forced to defend well to keep Alnmouth at bay.

The goal came after 90 minutes when, following a Belford breakaway, they forced a corner and when the ball was played into the box and following a goalmouth scramble Michael Robinson prodded home the winner.

Bilclough Cup (Semi-final)

Bamburgh Castle 2

Shilbottle CW 4 (aet)

Shilbottle led at half-time thanks to a Brad Wake goal, but early in the second half Gareth McCann netted an equaliser for Bamburgh.

With 75 minutes played, James Dixon restored the Bamburgh lead, but Shilbottle equalised with a Kenny Collins cross.

Normal time ended with the teams level, but two quick goals from Liam Brooks following Chris Chishom crosses saw Shilbottle lead at the end of the first period of extra-time and with Bamburgh unlucky when a shot rebounded off the post, Shilbottle hung on to move into the final.

Division One

North Sunderland 3

Berwick Utd 0

The home side went ahead after 20 minutes with a goal from Andrew Robertson, with the same player doubling the advantage with a second goal on 42 minutes. After half-time, the home side continued to create plenty of chances and added a third goal on 75 minutes when Robertson netted his third of the game to complete his hat-trick.

Springhill 1

Red Row Welfare 3

Springhilll led at the interval thanks to a Martin Bell goal mid-way through the half.After half-time, Red Row hit back to take the points with two goals from Adam Shanks and a Darren Smith strike.

Tweedmouth Harrow 1

AFC Newbiggin 7

Overall this was a pretty good game, but at the final whistle champions elect Newbiggin proved too strong for the home side.

Richard Coupland did score for Harrow during the first half, but Newbiggin netted three to lead at the break.

In the second half Newbiggin turned on the pressure to add another four before the final whistle.

John Bone did most of the damage netting four times with Michael Freathy twice and Johnathan McEnaney the other Newbiggin scorers.

Division Two

Shilbottle CW Res 0

Boulmer FC 2

In a typical end-of-season fixture, neither side could find the net during a goalless first half. In the second half it continued in much the same way with Shilbottle missing a couple of good chances while Boulmer made the most of theirs to net twice through Shaun Toal after 60 and 80 minutes.