Juniors re-discover their form to grab victory

FC Amble Juniors U15...3 Heaton Hawks U15...2


AMBLE went into this game after taking just one point in their last three games.

Jordan King was first to test the opposition goal. He received the ball from Jason Imeson after a long throw from James Oliver, but the Amble striker hit the ball wide.

Josh Briggs then had an effort saved by the keeper before Max Anderson shot over at the rebound.

From Amble’s next attack, Heaton Hawks hit a counter attack which ended up in a shot wide.

Briggs chased the ball down before making a brilliant tackle which lead to a corner, but it was over hit.

Amble kept testing the goal before it paid off. Anderson played in King whose first shot hit the post before he tapped in the rebound (1-0).

Amble were up and going and it wasn’t long before they got their second.

Oliver bombed down the left wing before lobbing the keeper from distance at a tight angle which ended up in the top corner (2-0).

Shortly after, Amble added their third. This time, it was Briggs who played in King and the striker did well to round the keeper and poke in from close range (3-0).

With the first half coming to an end, Oliver and Anderson linked up well before the latter took on a curling shot that sailed just over the bar.

The home side knew they would have a tougher task in the second half with the wind against them.

Brad Little did well from the kick-off before playing the ball to Callum Fenwick who took on the defender before putting a fierce ball in across the face of the goal. However, no one could get the vital tough to make it four. Next, Fenwick played the ball to Briggs, whose shot went just wide.

It was then the away side’s chance to go on the attack and if it wasn’t for Jake Aldworth’s good save Amble would have conceded.

But the home-side retailiated with more attacking.

King again rounded the keeper but the ball bobbled up at the last minute, meaning the striker scuffed his shot wide.

From the goal-kick, Amble won a corner where Oliver whipped in a great ball and Andy Flanighan headed just wide from a glancing header.

Callum Fenwick was next to attack and he again skinned the left-back before putting in a lobbed cross but no one was there in the end.

With about 10 minutes to go, the visitors pulled one back after the striker finished from close range (3-1).

Amble tried to bounce back with Jason Imeson playing in but the defender won the ball at the back before launching an attack where with five minutes to go, Heaton Hawks pulled another back, however it was too late to get anything out of the game (3-2).

Amble: J Aldworth, J Aston, M Anderson, A Flanighan, N Potts, C Fenwick, J Oliver, J Imeson, B Little, J Briggs, J King. Man-of-the-match: Max Anderson.