As you were at top of table

Alnmouth FC are seen in their new warm up tops,supplied by Blackshaws of Alnwick.
Alnmouth FC are seen in their new warm up tops,supplied by Blackshaws of Alnwick.

Sportsworld North Northumberland League round-up

Division One

It remains as it was in Division One after the latest round of fixtures.

Gary Robertson, three, Mitchell Simpson, two, plus single strikes by Rudy McLeod, Keiran Cromarty and Graham Steel kept Tweemouth Rangers in second spot on goal difference as they beat Rothbury, who replied through Gavin Dick and Craig Sutton.

Tweedmouth Harrow gained their first points of the season as strikes by Mark and Craig Anderson, Johnny Blythe and Johnny Gill saw them beat North Sunderland whose single goal was scored by Jordan King.

Highfields Utd 2 Shilbottle CW 5

Shilbottle maintained their 100 per cent start to the league season by eventually getting the better of Highfields United at the Swan Leisure Centre, Berwick.

The Colliers were quickly into their stride and took the left after only six minutes play when Matty Graham forced the ball home from close range following a left-wing corner.

The Berwick side hit back to level the score on the quarter-hour only for Matty Graham to restore the Colliers’ lead five minutes later from the penalty spot.

Highfields hit back again to draw level just before the interval to leave the game finely balanced at 2-2 at the break.

The Colliers resumed on the front foot following the restart, but were shocked when Highfields were awarded a penalty after 55 minutes.

However, Shilbottle’s stand-in keeper Rikki Hume pulled off a flying save to keep his side level.

This let-off spurred the league leaders into action and they once again took the lead after 65 minutes when a free-kick dropped nicely for Matty Graham to shoot past the home keeper to compete his hat-trick.

The Colliers gave themselves some breathing space when Richard Brown hit a fourth goal on 80 minutes and Tom Vickers made the game safe five minutes later when he converted a Chris Graham free-kick to secure all three points.

Shilbottle: R Hume, C Graham, R Douglas B Balmbra, R Murray, S McMullen, M Graham, R Gair, R Brown, L Brooks, T Vickers, S McEwan, R Harrison. Shilbottle’s man-of-the-match: Matty Graham.

Springhill 1 Red Row Welfare 3

Red Row had the 100-mile round trip to play Springhill on Saturday on the back of some good results. Confidence was high.

The Welfare started the strongest and Springhill barely had the ball in the first 10 minutes and when Red Row scored it was through John Charlton who collected a pass from Sean Palmer to score from 10 yards.

Five minutes later it was the turn of the other wingman Josh Baston to smash the second for the visitors with a crisp shot past the home keeper.

In the second half, Red Row struggled to maintain their dominance over the home team as complacency set in.

Springhill were given a lifeline when Jordan Giles deflected a shot past the stranded keeper Mark Mavin for an own goal on the hour.

This gave Red Row a jolt and they got moving and pressed Springhill for the remainder of the game.

After a Red Row corner, a goalmouth scramble saw Jack Small latch on to the ball to score and make the game safe.Anthony Hogg refereed well.

Red Row from: M Mavin, L Baston, J Charlton, JJ Henderson, G Reed, J Giles, D Palmer, S Palmer, P Smith, J Small, B Lilburn, L Eason, J Baston. Man-of-the-match: Mark Nixon.

Red Row’s next game is at home v Heaton Rifles in the Minor Cup.Kick-off 1pm, players meet 12.30pm, tracksuits for latecomers.

Division Two

Wansbeck AFC went to the head of the table as seven different scorers got on the score-sheet against Alnmouth Utd.

Rob Curry, Chris Philips, Danny Purvis, Brent Aisbet, Michael Freathy, Shaun Bartram and Steven Patterson were the Wansbeck marksmen.

Lowick Utd moved up to second as Paul Wood, Mark Dunlop and Kevin Greshon all netted in the win at Wooler Reserves, whose single reply came from Kyle Jeffrey.

Johnn Colley and Jorden Frost, with two, were the Embleton scorers in a win over Lynemouth Anglers whose cola score was Darren Middleton.

Runciman Cup

Runciman Cup

Craster Rovers 1 Amble St Cuthbert 4 (aet)

Amble started the brighter with Tim Hamilton and Ethan Iredale hitting the woodwork.

Craster striker Michael Brown missed two or three chances to put Craster ahead before the first half ended goalless.

Halfway through the second half, Amble’s new fleet-footed winger Max Anderson put them ahead in clinical style.

A few clear-cut chances were created by either side until Craster scrambled in a corner with only three minutes remaining.

In the second half of extra-time, the ever-running Karl Taylor began to cause the home side serious problems and when he won a penalty, ex-Red Row and new Cuddie striker Darren Smith coolly dispatched the penalty.

Young Max Anderson soon fired home two further impressive finishes to settle the tie and score the Amble side’s first hat-trick.

Post-match hospitality: The Jolly Fisherman.

Meanwhile, Duns FC moved into the next round in a more comfortable fashion after scoring nine times in the game against Hedgeley Rovers.