Amble’s nine-point lead after late goal

Northern Alliance – league highlights

Premier Division

Darren Riddell’s late winner on Saturday gave Amble United the win at Percy Main which moved the Seasiders nine points clear at the top, writes Jon Tait.

Goals from Andy Robertson (two), Lewis Burns (two), Josh Day and Sean Jobson put Whitley Bay A out of sight at Rutherford, who replied through Shaun Todhunter, and into second as Heaton Stannington slipped up against Blyth Town.

Patrick Allen’s cross-shot proved decisive, with the reigning champions missing a second-half spot-kick.

Wallsend Town had Craig Burke (two), Paul McHutcheon (two) and Jordan Jones on target against Hebburn Reyrolle, whose consolation came from Christian Wilkinson.

Goals from Stocksfield’s Declan Stokie and Chris Hall were cancelled out by Killingworth Sporting’s Nathan Castle and Connall Reed (pen) and it also ended all-square at Ashington Colliers against Walker Central.

Cameron Patrick’s low shot squeezed home to give Seaton Delaval the lead against Harraby. Michael Fenwick volleyed in number two. The Cumbrians improved after the break and although Nathan Fisher scored, the young Delaval side held on to stop the rot after three straight defeats.

Kicks Leisure Challenge Cup

Carlisle City cruised into the Kicks Leisure Challenge Cup final as Tom Lucock (two), Stuart Kilgour, Sean Bannon and Ian Cumersky tucked away without reply at Shankhouse. The Sky Blues will face Amble United for a shot at the silverware.

Division One

Wallington maintained pole position as Jordan Nellis (two) and Josh Gilmartin crashed in against promotion rivals Bedlington Terriers Reserves, whose scorer was Robbie Eastway.

Cramlington Town’s win at Ponteland United came courtesy of goals in each half from Andy Carr and Gary McRoberts, while Northbank and Red House Farm shared the spoils. Mark Worral and Cameron Wilson struck for the Cumbrians with goals from Paul Newton-Eddy and Martin Soulsby replying.

Heddon kept in contention with Scot Johnson and Max Turner netting at Newcastle Chemfica, who netted through Liam Naulls, while Kev Hay hit a double for Gateshead Redheugh as they saw off Cullercoats. John Dewhirst and David Clasper also fired in, with Daniel Sneap the Cullercoats hit-man.

Forest Hall’s Michael Reay also bagged a brace in their victory against Willington Quay Saints.

Goals from Patrick O’Donoghue and Andy Renton for Bohs were cancelled out by Hexham’s Gavin Cox and Paul McLean, while a Tom Stapleton brace gave Newcastle Uni three precious points against Morpeth Town A.

Division Two

Anthony Smith’s penalty gave Birtley St Joseph’s a hard-fought win against battling Alnwick Town Reserves, who led twice through Dale Kennedy and Stephen Hutchins.

Jack Pearson and Martin Guy, who curled one in direct from a corner, got the others for the leaders.

North Shields Athletic kept up the pressure at the top as Scott Jasper (two), Craig Boyle, Adam Pollock and Matty Donkin netted against Longbenton, whose solitary reply came from Carl Clarke.

Wooler are also breathing down their necks after a 2-3 win at High Howdon (report right).

l Other scores on Page 68

Paul Hook, Kris Allington and Scott Evans all hit braces for Blyth Isabella as they re-discovered their shooting boots against Wallsend Boys Club. Matthew Lavender got the other and Michael Starkie replied.

Wideopen’s great season continued as first-half efforts from Leigh Shickle and David Gabbitus gave them the points against Cramlington United.

Jack Greenwell and Lee Howey were Seaton Burn’s targetmen against Alston, but the visitors made the long journey home happy with a point as Mark Wright and Jason Williams netted.

Goals from Chris Thompson and Steven Thompson gave Newcastle Benfield Reserves a success at Grainger Park, who had Robert Jefferson crash in.