Licence for more beer gardens

Pubs, restaurants, cafes, snack bars and ice cream parlours can apply for new licences enabling them to sell food and drink from furniture on highways.

Under these government regulations, licensed premises will be able to turn their car parks  and terraces into temporary beer gardens. Removable furniture can also be set up on pavements outside food and drink premises.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The relaxation of the two-metre rule from July 4 means that more than 60 percent of hospitality businesses will reopen. Before the easing, only 30 per cent of the sector was expected to open its doors again.

Applications for the new one-year licences, that don't extend beyond September 30 2021,  must be  made to local authorities.

(photo by Shutterstock)

Related topics: