Shilbottle fall back into the North Northumberland League

Shilbottle 0-1 Berwick Harrow

Monday, 5th September 2016, 2:12 pm
Updated Monday, 5th September 2016, 3:16 pm

Following a summer which saw the club decimated by the loss of almost all of last season’s successful squad, a situation that almost caused the club to fold, this return to action offered some hope for the future despite the narrow defeat.

A drop from what would have been Northern Alliance Premier League football to the North Northumberland League Division One was quite a fall but with a new squad assembled over the last three to four weeks things can only get better.

The opening game against a strong Berwick side was always going to be a difficult start but the team competed well before falling to a single goal defeat in a match with very little between the two sides.

The only goal came after 25 minutes when Johnny Simpson capitalised on a defensive error to put the Harrow ahead.

The Colliers battled well to retrieve the situation with a free kick from Lee Hume striking the bar and an effort from Judd Donohoe scrambled off the line. A competitive second half, kept under control by referee Anthony Hogg, failed to produce any further goals as the visitors held on to take all the points.

Match sponsor: Les Ternent.



In a fairly quiet game action wise, Belford took a first half lead through Ryan Lillico but Kyle Smith equalised before half time. In the second half Dan Herron gave Rothbury the lead but a goal from Archie Little saw Belford draw level and then go on to win the game with a second goal from Little and two more from Paul Muers. Kyle Smith netted his second of the game for Rothbury before the final whistle .



After a good hard physical game both teams had to settle for a point. Aaron Hope gave Lowick a half time lead with Ryan Thompson equalising for the visitors after the break.

Rhys Bloomfield restored the Lowick lead but North Sunderland took a share of the points thanks to a goal from Chris Coe .




In a high scoring match marred by a bad injury to a home player, both teams scored once during the first half to see the clubs level at half time . The second half saw goals galore as both teams netted four times before the final whistle . On target for Miners were Bradley Higgins (3) , Scott Neil and Jamie Larkin while the Craster goals came from Harry Woolhouse (3) , Richard Stanwix and Rhys Hogg .



In a game where chances were taken and missed it was Embleton who took the points at the final whistle. Phil Grey gave Embleton the lead at half time and a Ryan Taylor goal doubled the advantage after the break. Jack Strangeways pulled a goal back for Wooler after 70 minutes but Embleton hung on to seal the win.