Bamburgh Castle closed amid rumours that filming of the latest Indiana Jones movie is set to start
Bamburgh Castle has been temporarily closed to members of the public with rumours suggesting that Disney are filming the latest Indiana Jones movie in Northumberland.
According to rumours, preparations are underway at Bamburgh Castle to turn it into the film set for the fifth instalment of the Indiana Jones film – which is set to be released in 2022.
It is understood that the castle had been open to the public until today (Friday, June 4) however signs had been displayed requesting that pictures of set-building were not taken.
Images captured by members of the public show barbed wire props outside of the popular tourist destination and a crane that was spotted lifting sets and lighting rigs into the castle.
A statement on Bamburgh Castle’s official website details that it is closed for filming, but doesn’t confirm what.
It said: “Bamburgh Castle is closed until 14 June 2021 due to filming.
“We apologise for any inconvenience.”
A spokesman for the company said: "The production company will utilise 10 coach bays in the council car park from 4pm until 8am, Tuesday, June 8, until Friday, June 11."
Hollywood legend, Harrison Ford is set to reprise his leading role as the iconic adventurer – 40 years after the first film, ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’, hit cinema screens.
The 78-year-old actor will also be joined by English actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Danish actor, Mads Mikkelsen, who played Le Chiffre in Daniel Craig’s first outing as James Bond in 2006.