Pensioner given oxygen after chimney fire

A 92-year-old man was given oxygen after a fire at his home in Alnwick this morning.

Tuesday, 8th March 2016, 11:25 am
Updated Tuesday, 8th March 2016, 11:31 am
Fire crews at the chimney fire in Alnwick. Picture by Steve Miller

Fire crews were called to the house in Queen Street at 10.45am to deal with a chimney fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Two appliances attended and used specialist gear to tackle the fire.

The elderly man was given oxygen by the fire crews, who called an ambulance as a precaution.