Pensioner given oxygen after chimney fire

Fire crews at the chimney fire in Alnwick. Picture by Steve Miller
Fire crews at the chimney fire in Alnwick. Picture by Steve Miller

A 92-year-old man was given oxygen after a fire at his home in Alnwick this morning.

Fire crews were called to the house in Queen Street at 10.45am to deal with a chimney fire.

Two appliances attended and used specialist gear to tackle the fire.

The elderly man was given oxygen by the fire crews, who called an ambulance as a precaution.