After living several years in Rothbury, what is getting worse and worse is the indiscriminate parking on the High Street.
I think it is vital that the following ideas are looked at:
• Much better signage indicating the 30mph limit on entering the village.
• Much better signage indicating where the free parking car parks are situated.
• Possibly more double yellow lines, although these would need to be policed.
• My most important point, a zebra crossing. I would suggest from The Newcastle Arms across to the main shopping area. I fear greatly that it is only a matter of time before a pedestrian gets hurt or killed.
• Perhaps parking discs might help. However, this again would need policing.
• Pedestrians’ needs must be considered.
Geraldine and Bob Costello,