Suzie McCash, from Tynemouth, dialled 999 after her mother Rowena suffered a respitory arrest in the hallway of their home following an allergic reaction to a substance.
Despite twice using an Epi Pen, Rowena was unable to breathe properly.
But plucky Suzie, who wants to be a paramedic when she grows up and loves ambulances, calmly spoke to contact handler Adam Hall at Northumbria Police.
Britishvolt 'fully committed' to gigaplant reassurance after online concerns
The top 10 coffee shops in north Northumberland according to TripAdvisor reviewers
New caravan site gets the green light on the Northumberland coast
Campsite owner seeks permission for 12 touring caravan plots at Northumberland beauty spot
Families' fears for road safety as new housing estate left without safe walking route into Cramlington
The four-year-old explained how her mother collapsed and answered questions to try and identify what had happened.
In the call Suzie can also be heard opening the front door of her home to call on a neighbour who unfortunately was not at home.
The contact handler kept talking to Suzie until the paramedics and police officers arrived.
Officials from both the police and amulance services have praised Suzie's bravery, and presented her with an award for her actions.
Northern Area Command Superintendent Nicola Musgrove said: “Suzie’s mum stopped breathing altogether but paramedics were able to stabilise her. Had it not been for the quick actions of Suzie she would undoubtedly have died.
“She rang 999, knocked on a neighbour’s door and opened the front door for the police officers and paramedics. She is a very brave little girl.”
Rowena was taken to Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital where she stayed overnight before being released the following day.