An Alnwick supermarket worker has won plaudits for her efforts to help a boy and his mum after an accident in the store at the weekend.
During a visit to the town's Morrisons store on Saturday, Aimee Reeves' son Logan fell over, splitting his head open and causing his nose to bleed, after his little brother knocked him with the trolley.
The five-year-old has Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, and became hysterical which in turn distressed Aimee, who was also looking after three-year-old Jordan.
Their knight in shining armour was member of staff Caroline Bissett, who arrived to carry out first aid.
Caroline reassured Logan, while also calming down Aimee, who works at The Powder Room Spa & Beauty in the Market Place.
When the 22-year-old couldn't contact anyone by phone to help her, Caroline also gathered Aimee's shopping and Jordan, took them all to her car and made sure they got to hospital where Logan was stitched up.
Aimee, who lives with her partner Dominic Sweeney, a 28-year-old firefighter, described Caroline as 'fabulous' and a 'fantastic lady'.
"From the moment she arrived to the moment we parted she was amazing and so caring, I felt as though I had my mum with me," she added. "This lady's kind and caring personality made an awful, scary situation 100 times easier and she did her very best to make sure she helped as much as she possibly could."
Aimee and Logan returned to the supermarket yesterday where they presented Caroline with a card and some flowers to say thank you. Upon seeing her again, Logan ran over, put his arms round her and kissed her on the cheek. Aimee also plans to pay for Caroline and her husband to have a night away somewhere nice.
But it's not just Aimee and her family who have praised Caroline for her caring and compassionate response. Aimee posted Logan's story onto the Morrisons Facebook page where it has been liked by 50,000 people and shared 2,750 times, sparking more than 1,000 comments, many praising Caroline for going the extra mile.
Today, Aimee said that Logan was doing well, although he may still need to see a plastic surgeon to have laser surgery to minimise scarring. At first, he was anxious about leaving the house yesterday, but once out with his mum, dad and brother, he was fine.