The company behind a Tom Jones concert in Alnwick that ended after a string of power failures will face no further action, Northumberland County Council has said.
The Welsh legend performed for 50 minutes at Alnwick Castle on Saturday, August 8, last year, before the show came to a premature end.
Northumberland County Council said an investigation had been carried out into the management and licensing of the concert by Middlesbrough-based Loose Cannon Events.
But now, a council spokesman said the ‘matter was now closed’ and that advisory letters had been sent to the organisers.
In a statement, the council said: “We carried out a long and detailed investigation into the organisation, licensing and management of this concert.
“Following national guidance from the Health and Safety Executive, it was decided in this case advisory letters would be issued to the event organisers and a number of other parties regarding their responsibilities over any future events.
“While we understand the concerns and frustrations of concert-goers, this matter is now closed.”
Previously, Ticketmaster said, as the ‘majority’ of the gig went ahead, customers would not get a refund.
Berwick MP Anne-Marie Trevelyan, who was at the concert, has called for fans to receive full refunds and asked the county council to conduct a full investigation.
Loose Cannon has previously said that ‘a large national company’ had provided all the power and tower lighting units for the site, which included two large synchronised generators. Loose Cannon said that it appeared that ‘both units developed faults’.