A series of events are being held to raise funds for the family of a six-year-old girl who died last month.
Clover Nolan passed away in the early hours of Monday, November 24, after a streptococcal infection led to sepsis which caused her body to shut down.
TheAlnwick St Paul’s RC First School pupil left behind five siblings as well as her parents, Lisa Marie Mole and Shaun Nolan, who were all left devastated by her death.
Since it happened, the community has rallied around to support them.
Now, Shilbottle Phoenix Charities is hosting two events later this month to raise funds for the family in their time of need.
The first is a race night, which is taking place tomorrow at the Farrier’s Arms, Shilbottle, from 7pm.
Horses are £3 each, with small prizes on offer for the winners, and all proceeds will go to Shaun and Lisa and their family. Horses can be bought from Linda Mitchell at the Lunchbox in Alnwick
Then on Saturday, December 20, a family Christmas disco is being held at Shilbottle Sports and Social Club.
Entry is £1 with a disco and entertainment provided by J-P-S DISCOS of Amble and a raffle, tombola and name-the-teddy competition are also being held on the night.
Again all monies raised will be going to Clover’s family.
Toni Carter, from the charity group, said: “When people heard about what happened to Clover, it shocked everyone.
“I met her a few times through a friend and from what I could tell, she was the most polite, lovely little girl.
“Her story has touched the hearts of the whole community.
“We decided we wanted to give something to the family to help and while we know it isn’t going to bring her back, we hope we can make this very difficult time a bit easier for her family.”
You can keep up to date about the events on the Shilbottle Phoenix Charities Facebook Page.
While the events are being held to raise funds for Clover’s family, teddies are also at two venues in the area to help boost the coffers.
The bears are being held at Bex Hair and Beauty in Alnwick and at The Secret Spa in Shilbottle.
Clients, customers and visitors can pay £1 to choose one of the names suggested for the bear with all proceeds going towards the fund-raising efforts for Clover’s family.
Those who guess correctly will be able to give the bear a home.
Investigations are taking place to find out why Clover was sent home after seeing a GP hours before she died.
The youngster went to see a Northern Doctors Urgent Care (NDUC) GP at Alnwick Infirmary the Sunday afternoon before she died.
But her symptoms were dismissed as flu aches and pains, despite complaining to her parents about sore legs.
However, after returning to her Ravensmede home, she took a turn for the worse and paramedics were called.
Clover was rushed to Wansbeck General Hospital and medics did all they could to save her, including trying to revive her three times.
A team from Newcastle’s RVI was on its way to move her to the hospital, but she passed away before they arrived.
Northumberland NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, which is responsible for commissioning NDUC to provide a service at Alnwick Infirmary, and NDUC itself have both launched an investigation into Clover’s death.