Dog owner issues warning after her pet becomes poorly

A dog walker is urging pet owners to be careful on the beach at Low Hauxley, after one of her dogs became poorly after playing at the stretch.

Tuesday, 15th May 2018, 12:23 pm
Updated Tuesday, 15th May 2018, 3:25 pm
Toby has suffered a skin infection after being at the beach.

Steph Haskin, from High Hauxley, said her pooch Toby developed a skin infection known as wet dermatitis.

She said: “We had our dogs at the beach the other day and we think Toby rolled in something near the rocks.

“We started noticing he wasn’t well and got him an emergency appointment at the vets.

“I don’t know if there’s been jellyfish around when he’s been in the sea or if it’s been whatever he’s rolled in near the rocks.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Speaking to the Gazette on Tuesday, Steph said that the infection had spread and Toby is on antibiotics.