Deadline is looming for contest
The deadline is fast approaching for the submission of entries to the 2017 LOVE Northumberland Awards.
Community groups, schools and individuals can enter their environmental projects and initiatives for this annual celebration of activities which help to keep the county clean and green.
The awards mark out work which improves local areas for the benefit of members of the community and culminate in a presentation event at The Alnwick Garden with the Duchess of Northumberland.
Entries are invited for the various categories, which are:
○ Best new project (projects that are less than one year old);
○Best urban project (projects or work that happens in places where a lot of people live);
○ Best coast or countryside project (projects that happen in more rural areas);
○Best young people’s project (where most of the participants are aged 12 to 25);
○ Best children’s project (where most of the participants are aged 11 and under);
○ Best school recycling project;
○ Outstanding individual (someone whose efforts towards their local environment make them stand out from the crowd).
Further information and application forms are available online and should be submitted by Wednesday, May 31.
Visit northumberland.gov.uk/LOVE or call 01670 622992 for more details and to submit entries.