Seven teens deny murdering Cramlington dad

Seven teenagers accused of murdering Cramlington dad-of-two Danny Humble have denied the charge.

Wednesday, 8th December 2021, 4:51 pm
Danny Humble.

Mr Humble was attacked in May as he walked home after a night out in the town with his partner.Despite the efforts of the emergency services and his girlfriend at the scene, the 35-year-old died in hospital the following day.The seven males were subsequently arrested and were charged with murder last month.They all appeared together in the dock at Newcastle Crown Court today and each pleaded not guilty.A trial, which could last between six and eight weeks, will start on April 27 next year.A further pre-trial hearing will take place on February 25.Alistair Dickson, of Hawkins Way, Blyth, Bailey Wilson of Mitford Avenue, Blyth, and Ethan Scott of Tangmere Close, Cramlington, who are all 18, as well as one of the 17-year-olds, have been granted conditional bail.The other three defendants, who are all 17 and cannot be named, were bailed or remanded to local authority accommodation.

Speaking shortly after Mr Humble’s death, his mother Deb said: “Danny was a devoted dad.

“We are lost without him – we are broken.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The underpass where Mr Humble was attacked.

“Compassionate, hilarious and a good friend, he will be missed by so, so many and his absence leaves a hole in so many lives.”

Detective Inspector Joanne Brooks said after the charges were brought: “Our thoughts remain with Danny’s loved ones, including his two young children who have been left without their father, and we continue to offer his family specialist support.

“This was a complex investigation and the charges are a result of a hundreds of hours of detailed investigative work.”