Fifteen members travelled from Craster to the Bowes Museum, just outside Barnard Castle.
The journey took slightly less than two hours, most members headed for the Bowes café for a light lunch.
There was much to see, the history included when the family arrived in Teesdale following the Norman conquest.
The foundation stone by Josephine Bowes on November 27, 1869, collections included porcelain china, ceramics and lots more.
Members set back toward Alnwick and the Hog’s Head, where 14 members enjoyed supper.
We returned to Craster at 7.25pm. Members enjoyed the whole day in good sunny weather.