Community-minded pupils show kindness
Warkworth C of E Primary School took part in a Love and Kindness Challenge, linked to its Christian values of learning together with love, forgiveness and friendship.
The pupils joined in with the initiative at school, before they decided to extend it into their community.
The children’s ideas were to spread their love to as many people as they could. This included;
○ making chocolates and distributing them throughout Warkworth and making cakes for care home staff to thank them for their hard work;
○ they bought dog toys and handed them out on the beach;
○ the local football team and pupils helped to pick litter;
○ classes made friendship bracelets and posters and notes to put around the community;
○ some pupils decided to donate mindfulness colouring books to poorly children in the RVI;
○ the PTA ran a share the love coffee afternoon;
○ a pupil handed in a gold diamond ring to a local supermarket.