A CHURCH which is being sold-off as a four bedroom home is to be auctioned from its own pulpit.
Dating back to 1857, St Mary’s in Felton is the work of the architect Gilbert Blount who originally trained as an engineer with Brunel.
It was originally built as a private place of worship for the Thomas Riddell family and was part of Felton Hall which came into the family at the turn of the 18th century, known then as the Roman Catholic Church of St Mary.
It is being sold with full planning permission and listed building consent to create a four bedroom country retreat by George F White.
Now empty, the church, which has no graveyard, was deconsecrated some time ago and offers are currently being invited.
The sale by auction will take place at St Mary’s Church, Felton, on August 24 at 7pm.