Emergency services were called to the scene of a blaze at a north Northumberland caravan site earlier today.
A domestic caravan at Swinhoe Links Caravan Park, Beadnell, which had no one inside at the time, caught fire this morning.
A call went into the fire service at 9.56am and two appliances attended – one from Belford and one from Seahouses.
According to a county council spokesowman, fire investigation officers are currently on site to see if they can establish the cause of the fire. Police have also been in attendance.
A Beadnell resident said that an explosion was heard and flames were seen escaping through the caravan roof.
He added that the seat of the fire seemed to be in the kitchen area around the cooker, which was very badly fire-damaged, and that the whole of the caravan was affected by smoke damage.