These pictures were published in the Gazette two weeks ago but we had no dates for them.
Now, thanks to Bailiffgate Museum collections volunteer Michael Grant, we have managed to find out more. He told us they were taken by the George Washington Wilson which was one of the largest publishers of postcards in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The photo of Bondgate Within (top) was taken around 1895 and predates the remodelling of the building which now houses Jobson’s. The photo of Bondgate Without was registered in their archives in May 1901.