Six-shooters gun down Lowick in cup final

Have your say

Lowick United 1 Wansbeck AFC 6

Robson Cup Final

Paul Wood gave Lowick United the lead in the Robson Cup final at Alnwick.

But a four-goal burst from Michael Freathy and single strikes from Brent Aisbett and Ritchie Hall saw Wansbeck AFC bounce back from last week’s penalty shoot-out loss to get their hands on the trophy at the final whistle.

Bilclough Cup Semi-Final

Tweedmouth Rangers 5 Craster Rovers 2

Tweedmouth Rangers netted five times through Luke Dickson, Peter McAskill, Lee Dodd, Kieran Cromarty and Craig Howard to see off the challenge of Craster Rovers.

Michael Brown and Shaun Toal were the goalscorers for Craster.

Division One

Rothbury FC 1 Shilbottle CW 4

Shilbottle continued their unbeaten league campaign with this victory at Armstrong Park, Rothbury.

In a fairly even first half, the young and enthusiastic Rothbury side gave a good account of themselves against the league champions.

The Colliers had chances to take the lead before the break, with Josh Hay having an effort well saved by the Rothbury keeper and Richard Brown putting a good chance wide of the target.

The interval arrived without a goal, but it did not take the Colliers long to open the scoring following the restart.

Josh Hay hit a post almost from the kick-off, then gave Shilbottle the lead on 50 minutes with a looping drive from the edge of the box.

The advantage was doubled on the hour when a powerful drive from Phil Grey was beaten out by the Rothbury keeper for Hay to follow up and score.

The introduction of substitute Liam Brooks shortly after effectively settled the game.

Soon after entering the game, he got on the end of a long clearance from Shilbottle keeper Andrew Wilson to control well and finish cleanly.

A couple of minutes later another long clearance was headed on by Hay for Brooks to race through and score his second and the Colliers’ fourth.

A cracking goal from Chris Coe 10 minutes from time gave Rothbury some reward for their efforts, but the champions ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Shilbottle: A Wilson, C Graham, A Douglas, R Murray, R Hume, J Hindhaugh, C Flanighan, P Grey, R Brown, J Hay, S Shendon, L Brooks, R Douglas. Shilbottle’s SFC Pizza man-of-the-match: Liam Brooks.

Bamburgh Castle 9 Highfields 0

Bamburgh welcomed Highfields and during the opening period enjoyed plenty of possession, but were unable to break the deadlock.

However, nearing half-time, Pendrich, the visiting keeper, was dismissed for handling outside his area.

Nick Moore made the breakthrough on 49 minutes drilling in from a Johny Johnson pass.

From the restart, Danny Johnson beat the keeper to make it 2-0 before substitute James Dixon fired in Bamburgh’s third from the spot.

Johny Johnson grabbed a quick brace to extend the advantage to five then Gareth McCann struck his shot inside the far post for number six.

Will Farmer netted on 80 minutes and Dixon added another soon after before Seb Tanney fired into the roof of the net to conclude the scoring (9-0).

The club thanked Bamburgh Castle Cricket Club for providing an excellent pitch throughout the season.

Bamburgh Castle: C Stanwix, A Baillie, S Archer, D Egdell, J Quinlan, I Patten, W Farmer, S Tanney, J Johnson, N Moore, D Johnson, JD Dixon, G McCann, K Leung. Match sponsor: Stablewood Coastal Cottages.

Division Two

Wooler Reserves finished in style as they netted seven without reply against Hedgeley Rovers.

Goals from Ross Tait, Thomas Farr, James Spencer, Connor Cowans, James Guthrie, Cameron Wilson plus a Paul Drummond own-goal, made up the Wooler total.