Delving into the past
Longframlington Local History Society is holding its third open day on Saturday, April 23, from 10am to 1pm, in the Memorial Hall in Rothbury Road, in the village.
Villagers past and present are invited to find out more about the history of Longframlington, Weldon, Brinkburn and Hesleyhurst.
Entry and refreshments are free.
We have many new displays to illustrate the research we have carried out into the history of our area, which will include the Roman Road, Anglo-Saxon and medieval Fram, the Turnpike Road, coal mining, Fram in 1750, 1850 and 1950, and shops, businesses and agriculture in the 20th century.
We will be presenting a slide-show of A Walk Through Longframlington Through Time. Information folders on the topics will be available, as well as our archive of newspaper articles from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Visitors will have the opportunity to talk to the people who have carried out the research, and they are invited to bring along any information or memories to share with us.
For more information, contact Norma Sadler on 01665 570259.