Two new fishing lakes, at the site of a former brickworks, are to be officially opened next month.
Lord James Percy will cast the first line at Thrunton Long Crag Fishery at the old Swarland Brickworks site at Thrunton.
It has been set up by Chris and Jill Blythe, whose family made bricks at the site since 1942.
But with the recession and resulting downturn in the building trade, they saw the need to diversify.
Many years of research and planning were devoted to the project in an effort to create one of the finest stillwater fly-fisheries in the region.
The lakes at Thrunton are spring-fed and have been stocked with rainbow, blue and brown trout. Stocking policy is carefully monitored to create the optimum levels of challenge and fish quality.
Long Crag lake is six-and-a-half acres in size and the newly-developed Coe Crag lake is three acres and filling rapidly.
The fishery offers disabled facilities as well as car access to the water’s edge for disabled anglers.
The purpose-built fishing lodge commands a striking panoramic view of the Lakes and Thrunton Woods.
Chris and Jill and their hard-working staff have worked alongside a team of landscapers, builders and contractors to produce a fishery which offers quality fishing in a fantastic location.
Jill said: “The regeneration of this industrial site has been the most fantastic project and we are extremely pleased with the result.
“The support from local residents, anglers and businesses has been tremendous and we hope to welcome many eager anglers in the coming months.”
Lord James will offically open the site on Saturday, April 5.
Members of the public are invited to an open day on Sunday, April 6, from 8.3oam.
Booking for the open day is essential. To find out or to book a place visit www.thruntontroutfishery.co.uk or contact 01665 574400/07795002607.