Gas blast rocks Amble house

Amble explosion.

Amble explosion.

0
Have your say

A MAN received minor injuries after a gas explosion at an Amble home this week.

Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to St Lawrence Avenue in the town just before 10am on Tuesday after reports of the blast.

It is thought that the explosion was caused by a gas fire in the living room of the semi-detached property, but inquiries are ongoing.

The explosion caused a window at the front of the property to shatter while also causing damage to the living room but it did not cause a fire.

Fire crews from Alnwick and Amble attended the scene alongside engineers from Northern Gas Networks.

The man received treatment for burns to his leg from the explosion but did not require hospital treatment. Two other men in the house were not injured in the blast.

A Northern Gas Networks spokeswoman said: “Northern Gas Networks is the area’s gas emergency response provider.

“We were called to attend an incident at St Lawrence Avenue, Amble, on March 15. On arrival, our engineer turned the gas supply off at the meter to make the area completely safe.

“The incident was not caused by a fault with the gas supply network.

“Anyone who thinks they smell gas is asked to call 0800 111 999 immediately and an engineer will be sent out free of charge to deal with the situation.”