Fire crews called to incident at Alnwick restaurant

A fire engine outside Di Sopra this morning.
A fire engine outside Di Sopra this morning.

Emergency crews were called to a fire at an Italian restaurant in Alnwick town centre this morning.

Three fire engines - two from Alnwick and one from Amble - were called to Di Sopra, on Bondgate Within, at 9.58am. A spokeswoman for Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service said that it is believed that an electricity box in the cellar had overheated. She said that no one was injured in the incident.