End of an era for Alnmouth Boys’ Club

The former Boys' Club in Alnmouth has now been demolished. Picture by Terry Collinson
The former Boys' Club in Alnmouth has now been demolished. Picture by Terry Collinson

Alnmouth’s former Boys’ Club has now been demolished to make way for new homes.

Built in 1938, it was given to the village by Anne Scholefield in memory of her late husband, Arthur, who died in 1930.

It ceased to operate as a Boys’ Club in the 1970s. Sturton Grange Developments is building five two-storey linked houses with detached garages on the site, envisaged as a ‘sister development’ to Lint Gardens, now complete, across the road.