Culvert causes chaos

0
Have your say

An investigation has been launched into repeat flooding which has struck homes at Kinloss Court in Alnwick.

County councillor Gordon Castle stepped in after hearing how residents had been flooded three times since June.

It is thought that the culvert which carries the Wash Burn is at least partially blocked, although a preliminary examination after June 28 – dubbed Thunder Thursday – proved inconclusive.

Coun Castle said: “I have been told that residents are extremely distressed and fearful of repeat flooding and having been flooded out of my Alnwick home myself during the storm in June, I understand their distress entirely. I am most anxious to ensure that we do all that can be done to address the problem.

“A team from County Hall is now looking at the issue and I have been assured that Kinloss Court will be given a high priority. They need to gain access to the culvert before suitable repairs can be arranged.”